Recently, the American Cancer Society revealed that prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer amongst American males. Apart from its high incidence, prostate cancer is a significant healthcare problem in the country at present due to lack of understanding with regards to its cause and progression. Dr. Michael G. Wierschem and his team at Collin County Urology in Texas are the specialists to seek when thinking about a Plano urologic cancer treatment, including that of treating prostate cancer.
The following key statistics are expected for 2012:
- The number of prostate cancer cases diagnosed will be approximately 241,740
- The number of deaths resulting from prostate cancer will be approximately 28,170
- By 2012, 1 in every 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime
Other key facts on the disease include:
- The incidence of prostate cancer increases with age. Around two-thirds of the men diagnosed with prostate cancer were above 65 years old. It is rare for the disease to be diagnosed for men below 40 years old.
- Prostate cancer follows lung cancer as the most common cause of deaths among males.
- On the lighter side, recent data has revealed that a relative 5-year survival rate for prostate cancer is nearly a hundred percent.
For more information on early prevention, diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, visit Dr. Wierschem today in either of his Frisco or Plano clinics for a personal consultation. You can schedule your visit by calling (972) 403-5425 or by filling out this contact form.This entry was posted in Collin County Urology, Prostate Cancer. Bookmark the permalink.
← Your Common Overactive Bladder Questions Answered 3 Erectile Dysfunction Myths Revealed →