For those who want to treat or have considered treating erectile dysfunction naturally, this post is for you. Some people are satisfied using prescription medications, pumps, injections, and implants as a form of treatment; however, a large number of people are shifting towards a more natural approach. Simple things like herbal remedies or slight changed to diet have been found to be extremely beneficial in eliminating symptoms. The benefit to using natural alternatives is it eliminates the worry of harmful side effects that may occur with other synthetic treatment options.
Food Products That Can Effectively Reduce Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
Simple changed to your diet can not only make you more healthy, but can also dramatically decrease the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. Here are some foods that could help.
- Foods that have a high potassium content – Potassium helps balance out high levels of sodium commonly found in processed or canned foods. Potassium helps balance the electrolytes in the body and helps avoid problems such as high blood pressure, which eliminates the early onset of ED.
- Dark green leafy vegetables – These foods contain a great deal of zinc, which helps maintain good blood blow throughout the body, including the penis.
- Food items that are low in fat content – Excess weight is a big contributor to ED. When you are heavier, the heart must work harder than normal to get blood flow to different parts of your body. The penis is especially hard and may not get adequate flow for an erection.
- Food items with a low sugar content – Sugar contributes to weight gain as well as fat.
- Foods that promote good cholesterol levels – Bad cholesterol can contribute to a buildup in the arteries. This will make it harder for blood to reach the penis, and therefor get and maintain an erection. On the other hand, good cholesterol fights against plaque from building up in the arteries, which promotes good blood flow. Food items that have good cholesterol contain vitamin B and are high in niacin.
- Food products high in Omega-3 fatty acid content – Foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acid help as well. Some of these foods are pumpkin seeds, eggs, canola oil, fish, walnuts, and flaxseed.
Contact us at Collin County Urology by calling 972-403-5425.This entry was posted in Collin County Urology, Erectile Dysfunction, Men's Health. Bookmark the permalink.
← Keep Calm and Stop Anxiety the Natural Way Symptoms Commonly Associated with a Urinary Tract Infection →