Urology is the division of medicine and surgery which particularly deals with diseases affecting the male and female urinary system as well as the male reproductive system. The Collin Country Urology team specializes in providing Plano urology services, ranging from patient education to surgical interventions in treating various urological conditions.
Prevention, they say, is the best medicine. For optimum urology health, the following preventive tips will certainly come in handy:
1. Drink water and stay hydrated all the time. This will help flush the toxins out of your urinary system.
2. Choose cranberry and pomegranate when thinking about drinking some juice. Both have been shown to significantly reduce the occurrence of bladder infection and prostate cancer.
3. Cut back on your salt. Too much salt will only promote water retention and disrupt your body’s electrolyte balance. Kidney stones are most likely to develop from an electrolyte imbalance.
4. For women, always make it point to wipe from front to back after urinating. This will help inhibit the entry of bacteria from the rectum to the vagina, thus reducing the occurrence of urinary tract infection.
5. For men, start wearing athletic supporters by the time you begin engaging in athletic activities.
6. Do Kegel exercises regularly. This exercise strengthens the pelvic floor muscles and helps you avoid bladder conditions.
7. Maintain a healthy weight.
8. Visit your urologist for regular check-ups. This is particularly useful by the time you’re in your 40s and above.
Visit Dr. Wierschem today for a personal consultation. You can schedule your visit by calling (972) 403-5425 or by filling out this contact form.This entry was posted in Collin County Urology. Bookmark the permalink.
← 3 Erectile Dysfunction Myths Revealed Male Infertility Problems: Face It Like A True Gentleman →